Machu Picchu Pueblo, Peru – With solo female travel on the rise, Machu Picchu is attracting more women visitors seeking cultural insights, outdoor adventure and spiritual discovery. Sumaq Machu Picchu Hotel offers experiences to satisfy every interest â€“ including opportunities to connect with a powerful female energy: the Pachamama, revered Earth Mother of the Incas.
A peaceful and spiritual destination, Machu Picchuâ€™s landscape is comprised of mountains, rivers, waterfalls, flora and wildlife â€“ an ideal place to â€˜live the Andean experience.â€™ Angie Clavijo, General Manager of Sumaq Machu Picchu Hotel, said, â€œWeâ€™ve seen a steady increase in women guests because we offer a nurturing and relaxing hospitality experience where female travelers feel comfortable and fully at home.â€
Sumaq has an array of experiences tailored to the interests of female travelers â€“ whether visiting alone or in groups. â€œOur hotel is a perfect complement to Machu Picchu, one of the most visited ancient sites yet also a uniquely spiritual location brimming with ancient female energy,â€ Ms. Clavijo explained.
- Shaman-Guided Mystic Tour of Machu Picchu & Offering to Pachamama: A shaman provides insights into the spiritual significance of the world-renowned citadel, and offers a prayer to the Pachamama, helping women connect with the energy and mysticism of the ancient stone city.
- Hike/Explore Mandor Valley: Located in the shadow of Huayna Picchu Mountain, Mandor Valley is an ideal place to enjoy a walk or jog while observing flora and fauna â€“ including beautiful orchids and colorful birds â€“ and connecting with nature or practicing yoga near the crystal-clear waterfalls.
- Taste Andean Chichas of the â€œApusâ€ (Mountains): Discover Cuscoâ€™s typical drinks and Andean traditions with a tasting of special beverages, Chichas, long enjoyed in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- Tasting of Spirits Distilled from Andean Sugar Cane: Sumaqâ€™s cocktail experts take you on a journey through flavors, colors, and textures derived from distilled spirits made from sugar cane. Extracted from the Andes between Cusco and ApurÃmac, the diverse varieties offered in Suquy Bar include CaÃ±a Alta joven, azul and verde, CaÃ±a Reposada, herbal CaÃ±a, and Matacuy.
- Tasting of Organic Peruvian Coffees: Start the day with a tasting of exquisite flavors, the four best varieties of Peruâ€™s coffee, award-winners worldwide. The organic artisanal coffees from mountain and jungle communities are prepared with the most appropriate methods to enjoy the distinctive aroma, flavor and body of each brew.
- Native & Therapeutic Spa Treatments: Sumaqâ€™s Aqlla Spa offers an array of treatments ideal for women travelers who want to experience traditional healing and soothing therapies:
Sabai Massage for Body & Face: Small â€œpindasâ€ â€“ pouches containing local healing herbs, and aromatic and medicinal seeds â€“ are heated and placed on the body and face, activating chakras and offering anti-inflammatory, de-stressing, analgesic, moisturizing and decongestant effects.
Massage with Andean Hot Stones: Ideal after an active day of trekking Machu Picchu, this relaxing massage stimulates blood circulation and relieves muscle tension and pain, as well as leading to restful sleep.
Andean Facial Treatment: This deep cleansing and moisturizing facial uses two esteemed Andean products â€“ Peruvian quinoa and honey from local Cusco fields â€“ to experience a powerful cellular regenerator of ancestral origin.
As Peruvian cuisine continues to shine on the world stage, Sumaq has created gastronomy that showcases the very best Andean offerings â€“ but also offers an array of vegan options that are both appealing and extraordinarily tasty. Chefs work with fresh and seasonal vegetables, homemade sauces without preservatives or dyes and with extra virgin olive and olive oil. To satisfy a vegan diet, chefs might offer an Andean salad prepared with quinoa, bell pepper, white onion, tomato, olive oil and lemon juice, or a special Ceviche de Mushrooms. Peruvian cuisine offers a wide variety of vegetables, grains, potatoes and more.